Sunday, December 26, 2010

Emma Is 3!

We spent the last two weeks before Christmas in a flurry of birthdays (hurray for Emma and Daddy!) and sickness (boo for ear infections and fevers!). Alas, the birthday stuff is but a memory; this damn illness, however, just lingers and lingers. Just when I think we've kicked it, it seems to flair up again, and the girls have another day where they are in pain and attempting to hack up a lung. Sigh.

On to happier times: We had a Pinkaliciously Fancy Nancy tea party to celebrate our wonderful Emma. To keep our shy girl from being overwhelmed, we kept the party small. (How'd she do? Well, she spent most of the night hiding out in the kitchen, stealing the hummus toasts from the tea party setup. But I'll still count that as a success: She wasn't clinging to me the whole time. That's a step in the right direction!)


Martin and I curtained off the dining room and surprised the girls and our guests with a Fancy-Nancied dining room. Thumbtacks, construction paper, and some cheap garland worked miracles!


The girls made Froot Loop necklaces as part of their getting "fancy."


Have I made it clear on this blog how colossally silly Emma is? You'd never guess it by her outwardly shy, clingy nature, but she has a clownish streak a mile wide.


My Pinkalicious cupcakes. I was so proud of how well they turned out! Just like in the book!


The birthday girl, all blinged out. (Notice the frilly toothpicks in the brownies? We fancied up anything that didn't move.)


 
Now that's a tea party!


Libby, taking a turn at the pinata. (Notice the big clip-on earrings?)

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Hello, Kerri & Martin! I somehow lost track of your blog a while back, but just found it again (I finally wised up and went to my old blog for the link - duh). Your girls are adorable and growing up so quickly! I hope you're both doing well. Happy new year!